Why Choose Experian?
Mike Herman, Ford Credit Europe: 'Their innovative products and services enable us to access the data and interpret it quickly and consistently.'
Order Your Free Credit Report
How to order a copy of your free Credit Report
Experian Credit Services is a consumer credit information provider and can provide you with information to help you manage your credit reputation.
Order Your FREE Credit Report today by contacting us via:
Post: Experian Australia Credit Services Pty Ltd
Attn: Consumer Support Team
GPO Box 1969
North Sydney NSW 2060
If you request a copy of your Experian Credit Report by email, please note that your email address must include your FIRST and LAST name. Email addresses that do not contain your name (i.e. email@example.com) require verification of email ownership before your request can be processed which may cause some delay in processing your request. Please include a statement in your email advising you own the email address being used, and that you request we communicate with you via this email address.
Please follow the guidelines presented below to request a copy of your free Experian Credit Report.
Documents may be digital scans or photocopies of the original document. The documents you submit will be used to identify you so it is important that copies you provide are of a high quality (i.e. easily legible, complete, clear photograph). Submission of invalid or low quality documents may result in a delay to processing your request as you may be requested to resubmit your documents.
The most common acceptable document identification combination is an Australian Current Driver’s License and Medicare Card.
The Australian Driver’s License must display your CURRENT address. This may be located on the rear of your Driver’s License.
Alternatively, Experian requires one of the following combinations of identity documents to be submitted in order to process your Credit Report request:
Combination A: one document from Group One and one document from Group Two OR
Combination B: two documents from Group Two + an official document that includes your photograph OR
Combination C: three documents from Group Three + an official document that includes your photograph.
IMPORTANT NOTE: At least one document must show your CURRENT address.
- Driver's License issued by an Australian State or Territory
- Birth Card issued by an Australian Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages (this is not a Birth Certificate)
- Roads and Maritime Services (formerly RTA) photo card
- License or permit issued under a law of the Commonwealth, a State or Territory Government (e.g. a boat license)
- Proof of Age Card (Government issued)
- Australian Passport
- Working With Children / Teachers Registration Card
- Public Employee Photo ID Card (Government Issued)
- Identification card issued by the Commonwealth, a State or Territory Government as evidence of the person's entitlement to a financial benefit.
IDENTITY DOCUMENT GROUPS
GROUP A - Photo / Main ID documents
GROUP B - Secondary ID documents
- Medicare card issued by the Health Insurance Commission
- Centrelink card issued by Centrelink
- Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) card issued by DVA
- Credit card or account card issued by a financial institution in Australia
- Foreign/International Driver's License
- Tertiary Education Institution Photo ID.
- Motor Vehicle registration or Insurance papers
- Property rates notice
- Property lease agreement
- Home insurance papers
- Utilities bills (e.g. telephone, electricity or gas)
- Bank or credit card statements showing your current residential address.
GROUP C - Additional ID documents to be submitted if the ID supplied from Group A or B does not contain your current address. Note: these documents must have been issued within the last 12 months
IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to ensure your privacy is protected, we will not be able to proceed with your request until we have received all the required identification documents and your identity has been verified.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Experian can only issue Credit Reports for Australian residents / citizens using Australian-specific information. International documents displaying overseas addresses and data may be unacceptable.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Aboriginal or Torres Straight Islanders: the identity of an applicant who is ordinarily resident in an isolated area must be verified in writing by TWO persons recognised as 'Community Leaders' to the community to which the applicant belongs.
If you have requested a copy of your Experian Credit Report your request will be processed within ten (10) working days from the date we have received all of the required documentation.
For general enquires once you have received your credit report please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (1300 783 684).